So to all my, non-existent, followers, I offer my apologies.
So, on my 'to-do now I'm not studying for the summer' list I have, to mention a few:
- Start to learn a new language. I was looking at Korean (having recently gotten listening to the band Big Bang), but a few of my students are wanting to learn Japanese so I think I'll plump for that instead. It sure looks interesting and I hope to find some resources which suit everyone.
- Update my Harry Potter fanfiction. You can read it here: Two Letters - Fanfiction but I've been lazing off and as I've managed to get nearly 200 followers, I really have to update soon.
- Learn to play the banjo. Okay, I bought this last year because I thought it would be cool to learn. However, I can't find a teacher! So I need to teach myself, and it's another thing which has gone on the backburner this year.
- Relax. I'd really like to just sit and read a book. Something I've not read before. However, I just don't feel in the mood to try something new. I went to the USA over Easter and I bought the Sophie Kinsella -Shopaholic to the Rescue (I think it was this one) in the airport in case I found myself with book-reading time (I didn't). I love these books, but I never read Shopaholic to the Stars as it had pretty poor reviews, and I didn't want to ruin the series with it. But I really should read it and form my own opinion.
- Spend time researching the family tree. I bought my Dad an ancestry subscription for his birthday and we've been having fun researching. It's very addictive!
- Ideally get a start on next years maths modules ('Graphs and Networking' and 'Applications of Probability' or something like that!). But I say this every summer. And don't!
- I also need to follow up on commitments I've made this year. I fundraised for a new wheelchair for a girl I know who suffers from cerebral palsy. (She lives in an institution in another country). I raised the money, but still haven't sorted the chair out and I feel so bad about that, as I know she is so excited about it. I did go into the shop the other day and get the ball rolling though, so hopefully over the next few weeks we'll be sorted for that. I've offered to help fundraise for something else too and really must get started.
I know this list isn't even exhaustive.
I have a terrible habit of sitting down when I get home, and not getting things done. In work I keep a to do list on my notepad, and it really helps keep me focussed. I am thinking of doing the same at home to see if it helps me keep on top of things.
Anyway, now I've treated you like a diary, I'm off!
But I will try to get back on track here too.
Maybe I should add my blog to the list above!