Thursday 16 February 2012

Swirly Nail Art



Ever since someone mentioned this, I've wanted to try it.

Essentially, what you do, is get a cup (or recepticle of some form!) of water.  Then pick a few nail polish colours - whatever you want, and drip them in the water.  Put one colour in first, it will spread out on the surface, then the next in the centre of that and keep going until you have a big circle.

Get a toothpick or needle or similar, and make swirls in the circle, or whatever pattern you want.

Then, having given your nail a base coat first, and put some sellotape over the skin around your nail,
I tried a few weeks back and it was awful, I couldn't get the nail polish to sit right etc on the water - so I put it down to my years old nail polish and gave up.

On my way home tonight I picked up some new, colourful nail polishes.  Was going to get Barry M but they didn't have the usual 3 for 2 offer on (which seems to run about 49 weeks of the year! I'm not paying full price!) but GOSH had a bargain bin full of bits and pieces.  I got 4 nail polishes - red, blue, yellow and white for £2 each.

Well, the yellow turned out to be more sparkly gold, the white turned out to be a base really, not white.  So I used red and blue.

It took some doing, but eventually got into the swing of it. 

I did drop the red nail polish into the glass of water though! Woops! I now have blue and red swirly nail polish all over my fingers as I had to fish it back out!

Not the effect I was going for!

Just need to tidy up the edges

No comments:

Post a Comment